Author Topic: TDA Exam FAQs  (Read 26571 times)

MikeB

• Administrator
  • TDA Member & Veteran Poster
TDA Exam FAQs
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:18:37 PM »
The TDA Level 1 Certification Exam is now live at the following link: http://www.pokertda.com/get-poker-tda-certified/ Some common FAQs at that link are reposted below:

BASIC: The exam has 40 questions. A minimum score of 90% (36 correct)  is required to pass. The exam is based on the most recent Poker TDA Rules and Recommended Procedures, see: http://www.pokertda.com/poker-tda-rules/. The 40 questions cover each of the 10 Rules categories (general concepts, betting, etiquette, etc.). Questions are in multiple choice, true / false, and select all that apply formats.

PROCESS: The exam is open to TDA members only. First pay $10 for the exam via Pay Pal. You do not have to be a Pay Pal member. By return e-mail you will receive a unique URL code to the online exam platform. If you pass you will receive a downloadable certificate at the end of the exam. Save this certificate to your computer.

PREPARATION: The best preparation is to thoroughly study the current Poker TDA Rules. The exam includes both direct questions about the rules and hypothetical situations where you must choose the correct ruling to apply.

TIME: The ample time of 100 minutes is allowed to finish. The actual time required usually ranges from 30 to 70 minutes. The exam must be taken in one sitting; you may not pause and return later to finish. Each registration allows 2 opportunities to pass for one examinee only. If you pass in the first attempt you may not give your code to another person to take the 2nd attempt.

RANDOM TESTING: No two exams are the same. Your specific 40 questions are chosen at random from a 300-item question bank. The questions appear in random order and answer choices for each question are also randomized for each test.

ORDER & DISPLAY OF QUESTIONS: The questions will appear in random order. Only one question will be displayed at a time. You must answer each question before moving to the next. Once a question is answered you may not go back and change the answer.

CERTIFICATE: If you pass, upon answering the final question you will see a link to your certificate. Click this link and save the certificate to your computer with a searchable name such as "TDA Exam Certificate". The TDA cannot guarantee reprints of certificates; you may have to re-take the exam to obtain a new certificate so please save the one you receive.

PAYMENT: The exam price of $10 gives one examinee 2 opportunities to pass. Payment must be made via Pay Pal before registration. You do not have to be a Pay Pal member to pay with this system. When you pay, write down the date, e-mail used, and receipt or transaction number for your records. Examinees who do not pass in two attempts must re-register and pay $10 again to re-take the exam. NOTE: the e-mail you use in the Pay Pal transaction is the e-mail your exam URL code will be sent to!

REGISTERING FOR THE EXAM: Once you have completed the Pay Pal transaction, you should receive your URL exam code by e-mail from the TDA in 1 to 3 days after submitting this form. Your code will not appear in any confirming e-mail you receive from Pay Pal. Paste this URL in your browser to go to the online exam site.

URL CODE and EXAM SITE REGISTRATION NAME: Once registered, you will receive a URL code by e-mail to the e-mail address you used for Pay Pal. Read the instructions in the e-mail carefully. The URL code gives one examinee 2 opportunities to pass. Do not share this code. Upon pasting the code in your browser, the exam site appears. One of the earliest screens on the site will ask for your first and last name. At the exam site, you must enter the name as you want it on your certificate. Note, only this screen affects the name on your certificate, the name used for PayPal does not.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:05:38 PM by MikeB »

AnteUpMike

• TDA Member
Re: TDA Exam FAQs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 12:15:23 PM »
I took and passed the TDA exam today.  Where do I go to verify my status?  How do I provide others this verification?

-Mike

MikeB

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 12:21:46 PM »
Congratulations Mike.
As for verifying you passed... Did you save your Certificate to your computer?
Also, a list of those passing the current exam is found on the thread in this forum.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:32:21 AM by MikeB »

emc300

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »
Mike B., I passed on the first try!  (YES!!!)  I have one attempt left, here is my question:  Since the exams are different, can i use my second attempt to get quizzed on a different set of questions?  If not, that's fine also.
Matt Childress
Playing Field (1990-2010, Gone, but not Forgotten)
Richmond, VA
Twitter: @Matt_Childress

MikeB

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:05:07 PM »
Matt: Yes you certainly can use it for that purpose. The only thing that is prohibited is passing the 2nd attempt on to another person. Congratulations on the outstanding score!

MisterD

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 06:23:23 AM »
If I have a question about a specific question on the exam, is this an appropriate place to post it? I believe that the correct answer identified on my exam contradicts the rules as written.