Author Topic: smallest split pot increment  (Read 4333 times)

mooredog

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
smallest split pot increment
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »
I also posted this in the tournament forum to get more opinions. When splitting up pots in a split pot game do you ever split a chip down below the smallest betting increment? We rake small stakes 7 stud games at 50 cent increments so pots do have 50 cents in them on occasion and players get pushed 50 cent pieces, and in a pot of say 22.50 the odd 50 cent would go the high hand in 7 stud/ 8 or better but if the pot were $81 would you split the odd dollar up or just shove the odd dollar to the high hand? Our supervisors are split on this issue and the department head is looking into it so we sit with no final decision.

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: smallest split pot increment
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 08:43:26 AM »

Re: smallest split pot increment

« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:10:01 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see nothing wrong with breaking it down to the 50 cent amount. Make a decision and stick to it. I have a feeling that your dealers might come out further ahead with those splits to the 50 cent piece. I think the rule should be splitting down to the lowest denomination used in your game.