Author Topic: All in & prematurely river card  (Read 8802 times)

alex

• TDA Member & Active Poster
All in & prematurely river card
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:32:09 PM »
Hi all , 3 players involved in a hand , flop 7 K of heart & 9 diamond , player "A" went all in & been called by player B & C .
 2 of spades on the turn ,player B bets 80$ & before player C act, the dealer prematurely opened the 3 of heart as a river card.
This is when player C object telling that he didn't act yet .

The floor supervisor was called & ask the dealer to put back the river card into the stub & reshuffle the stub so player C could act on the turn, ( player C called the 80 $ bet ). The new river card is now 10 of spades , player B bets 200 $ ,player C called the bet .
Player B won the hand with a trips of 10's ( player C had 1 K ).
Player A who was all in on the flop ,refuse the supervisor decision & turn his card face up showing 2 cards of hearts .( hitting  the flush with the 3 of heart on the river)
Any other solutions for this incident .hope I made this situation clear ..... Ty .

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: All in & prematurely river card
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 08:55:09 PM »
It's unfortunate for the all-in but, he has to live with it. The mistake could have made him the winner in the same situation. Some dealer error's can be corrected and there is little impact on a hand. This premature deal probably eliminated the all-in from the tournament. Too bad for the player and not too good for the dealer either.

Spence

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »
I agree with Nick. I've had to deal with this several times before and the result always has to be the same. A reshuffle is necessary for the conclusion of the hand. In one circumstance I had the player who won the pot refund the all-in players bet and I allowed it. He had made what seemed like a checking motion which caused the delaer to open the river prematurely. He felt guilty and offered the refund. I guess sometimes poker is still a gentlemans sport...

Stuart Murray

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:49:12 AM »
ditto last two posts, the new river stands

Stu

alex

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:41:07 AM »
Would the decision change in the situation that  , player A is all in on the flop called by players B & C , then the dealer tab on the table & open the turn then tab again & open the river( thinking that all the players r all in ) . Player A open his cards with a flush this is when player B objected telling the dealer that he wanted to bet on the turn .... Ty

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 07:37:02 AM »
Alex,
 Why didn't the player say something when he was skipped on the turn? With the information given, I would say it's too late and the cards remain.

Stuart Murray

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 07:39:12 AM »
Alex,

your description does not change the action to the river, the turn stands, and the river is re-shuffled back in, even if both players check the turn, as prescribed in RROP dealing errors.  If it was all-in pre-flop and the dealer puts the whole board out, that's where it gets ugly  ;)

Regards
Stuart