Author Topic: RULE 53  (Read 5046 times)

CoreySilver

• TDA Member
RULE 53
« on: October 23, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »
this situation happened today, I was wondering how other TD's would handle this...

On the flop, Player A bets 4000, Player B raises to 8000, Player A goes all in, Player B believes he has player A covered with his 8000 raise and turns over his hand. It is then determined that player B must call an additional 3600 to complete the action. Player B who as already shown his hand, a set, calls the remaining 3600. TD is called to the table, and Player B is assest a 1 round penalty for showing his cards while action is pending.

Player B is upset because he has a set, and is obviously going to call. He believes, because he thought he had the other player covered he should not get a penalty per the integrity of the game.

Thanks so much for your comments

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: RULE 53
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »
I'm not sure about the action pending part when the only other player went all-in but, Player B should have made his intention clear by just saying "i call." One round might be extreme but as long as Player B got the pot, I guess the call was okay.

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: RULE 53
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 05:01:57 PM »
I don't have much issue with the penalty, there was indeed action pending, as he was yet to call the action only all-in of player A, perhaps the penalty was a bit extreme given the circumstances, as the intent was there and player a's all-in was action only (not action changing (ie not a full raise))

Player B obviously had a strong hand and was wanting to get all his chips in the middle in those conditions, so given that I would probably just make him miss one hand as a slap on the wrist for being a tad cavalier with his actions.

Regards
Stuart