GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARDS > General discussion of poker industry topics

unacceptable behaviors?

(1/3) > >>

casacubana:
hi everyone,

was asked to make a list of unacceptable behaviors from staff (dealers/floor/cashiers/waitress)any idea guys? thank you in advance

regards
laura

Nick C:
Laura,
 That's kind of an unusual request but, if you can give me a little time I think we can come up with something. I am real busy this weekend and don't have the time right now.
Nick C

chet:
Laura:

Simple Answer -- Just make a list of EVERYTHING that pisses you off in a poker room.  Add to that list the local idiosyncrasies that are unacceptable where you are, but are acceptable in other places.  Remove the idiosyncrasies that are acceptable where you are but unacceptabel in other places.  You should have most of them.  

DO NOT INCLUDE Drunk Players UNLESS they are out of line.  Most of the time they are the food for the rest of us fishes  :)

Include players who berate the dealer, throw cards at either the dealer or another player (doesn't matter if they hit what they were aiming for, just throwing cards is, to quote Tony G, "One Your Bike" for the rest of that day at least.  Include in this group, the "Smelly Player" since that rule belongs in your house rules not in the TDA Rules.

Any player caught cheating, is OUT THE DOOR for at least a year if not permanently.

btw:  Players who don't tip, either the dealer or the wait staff, don't deserve an auto negative.  You need to look at the performance of the staff before making a negative call in that area.  Some employees just don't deserve it, most do.

etc., etc., etc.

casacubana:
thank you chet for making me smile tonight  :D and of course waiting for nick to post everything that pisses him off ;D

regards
laura

Nick C:
Laura,
 I like Chet's advice. If you are looking for answers pertaining to the employees of the card room, as opposed to the players, I will try to give you some answers.

I will start with the waitresses. They must be:
                    a.) Pleasent- even when they get stiffed by a player. So....they can't be grumpy, or miserable, or sarcastic, or solicit players.
                    b.) They must learn to observe the action before they approach the table. They must be sure that the player they are serving is not involved in a hand. This is important because it can disrupt a players train of thought, annoy some players, and result in "no toke."
                    c.) Don't keep player's waiting, only to receive a cold cup of coffee. So....They can't be too slow. They can't talk with their friends, or anyone until all of their drinks are delivered.
                    d.) If alcohol is served, know when a player has had enough. So.....they should alert others when a patron has had too much, (bartender, floorperson, or even security if necessary).
                    e.) Be fresh and well groomed. So...... Never be unclean. Never wear overpowering cologne.
                    f.) Smile and say thank you. Never bring personal "outside problems" to the patrons.
Cashiers, chip runners, other card room personnell:
                    a.) Be Friendly, and smile. So.....do not bring a bad attitude to the cardroom.
                    b.) Be efficient. Know all procedures and be an expert at chip/cheque handling. So....cage shortages are unacceptable.
                    c.) Be accurate. Never short-change any player. So.......a dishonest, tip hustler in your cage is unacceptable.
I will continue another time with the dealers and the floor. I have to go for now. I hope this gives you some answers you were looking for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version