Author Topic: Questions about 2011 Poker TDA Rules  (Read 25579 times)

pokerxanadu

• TDA Member & Active Poster
    • The Principality of PokerXanadu
Re: Questions about 2011 Poker TDA Rules
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 07:56:13 AM »
I have a quick question regarding the last point in Rule 8:

"Play will halt on any table that is 3 or more players short."

Am I right to assume that "short" means "short of the max number of players at any other table"?  E.g. if we are down to 21 players, playing 7 per table, and one table loses 3 players, we are halting even though we may have been playing 8-handed for the entire tournament up till then. 

What if there are 3 tables left, at 8-7-7, and the last table loses 2 players, so now it is 8-7-5... Does play halt at the table with 5 players (until the tables are balanced)?

Thanks!

Yes, that's right.  The table with 7 players would be considered 1 player short, and the table with just 5 players would be 3 players short.  Time to balance!
-Martin

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 08:04:33 AM »
Pokerxanadu is correct. Take one player from the 8 handed and send him to the table with 5.....7-7-6.

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 04:43:46 AM »
It was suggested that I move this prior post regarding the new RECOMMENDED PROCEDURES

RP-1 I think the idea of an all-in button is great. I was wondering if anyone has experienced problems using it.
 a.  What happens if the all-in button is put in, by the dealer, and the player has more chips?
 b.  Exactly where should the dealer place the all-in button after the player goes all-in?

RP-2 I can understand how bringing-in bets can cause some confusion in multy handed pots, and I agree it is not a good dealer practice. I do think that it could be accepted when action is head-to-head. When a player makes a bet, and the other player pushes in a raise, I think that matching the players original bet and placing the equal amounts of the original bet (from each player) into the pot would make the raise amount easier to assess.

RP-4  My feelings on re-shuffle are; A scramble or mix of the cards, (not the standard shuffle) would better guarantee that no cards are exposed. The standard shuffle requires that the cards be gathered and picked-up facing away from the dealer before gathering them together for the first riffle. This would be unacceptable because it would expose the identity of remaining cards.

Your thoughts are always welcome.

Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:47:51 PM by Nick C »

I also asked this question one month ago and never got an answer:

Will there be an updated (or amended) version of the 2011 TDA rules?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:47:51 PM by Nick C »

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 05:15:42 AM by Nick C »