POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Suggestions for new TDA rules and amendments to existing rules READ-ONLY ARCHIVES Pre-2013 Summit

it is possible to change the order of a draw ?

(1/2) > >>

Skylight:
Situation : all cards are given to the players, at the moment who the burned card for the flop is played, a player said : I have seen the last card. The dealer show the last card on the table.
does this affect the draw ?
the revealed card stay on the side and go to the muck or become the status of burning card ?

thanks

JasperToo:
If I understand correctly you are saying that as the burn card comes off a player sees it and says so.  If that is the case then the burn card is exposed so all players can see it, turned back over and it continues to be the burn card.  It is not put aside.

Skylight:
understanding is inaccurate. I try with other words.

at the moment the player said "i see the last card (LC)" the dealer show this card to all players and we have two cards  : 1 the burn card (BC) face down AND the last card (LC) faced-up by the dealer. The action is stopped after the 1st flop card is revealed but the flop is not fully revealed at this time.

A) misdraw : Burn Card - Last Card - 1st flop card return to the deck, shuffling and a new flop is given ?
B) Burn Card stay BC, flop is totally revealed, the Last Card is reveled to all player and go to the muck ?
C) Burn Card stay BC, flop is totally revealed, the Last Card is reveled to all player and becomes BC to the turn  ?
D) Last Card becomes the Burn Card and the BC becomes the 1st flop card (everything is shifted by one card) ?
E) other solution (Tap the head of the dealer) ?

Nick C:
Skylight,
 I'll give it a shot. If I understand you correctly, the betting round was complete, the dealer exposed the burn before the flop. When the dealer began to put the flop on the table, the first flop card was also exposed when the action was stopped, correct? If this is what happened, I would call the floor, explain what happened. The floor should rule that the next two cards be placed on the table (completing the flop), and a decision should be made as to whether the burn card would be revealed to the table. Unless the card was flashed, or clearly exposed, I have found that most players are incorrect when identifying the card, they THINK they saw. This usually is not a problem because most players that catch a glimpse of a card don't say anything. The method I described is in the best interest of the game because the proper board will play.

WSOPMcGee:

--- Quote from: Skylight on June 25, 2011, 10:27:00 AM ---Situation : all cards are given to the players, at the moment who the burned card for the flop is played, a player said : I have seen the last card. The dealer show the last card on the table.
does this affect the draw ?
the revealed card stay on the side and go to the muck or become the status of burning card ?

thanks

--- End quote ---

If I'm understanding correctly, you are saying the player saw the last card dealt to the button. This would be treated as an exposed card. The burn card would replace the exposed card and the exposed card becomes the burn. Or as you say: "become status of burning card?" Yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version