Author Topic: Raise Or Call?  (Read 11660 times)

JMC

• TDA Member
Re: Raise Or Call?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 10:50:51 PM »
Okay try this, it is player A's turn to act, at this time in common practice the BB should still be in from of him/her. Player A only has two options at this time, check or raise. With that in mind if player A did not check but removes a full BB from the playing area and replaces it with a larger amount regardless of what amount it is, the intent is clear. There is no call option at this point. JMO
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:05:06 PM by JMC »

chet

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 07:52:23 AM »
JMC. There are too many variables that you don't cover to make an answer possible.  Is this a Limit or No-Limit game, the amount that he replaced may make a difference (remember there is the 50% rule in limit).

You said the size of the amount makes no difference, I content that it may.  For example, Blinds are 2000 and 4000.  BB pulls back his 4-1000 chips and puts in a single 5K chip, is this a raise or is he just saving his 1K chips for the SB?  I contend that any time a player replaces his blinds with different chips, the amount of which do not constitute a full raise, there is a question of intent that needs to be addressed by the dealer in the absence of a verbal declaration by the player.

Lets have at it guys  :)

JMC

• TDA Member
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 08:49:03 AM »
I beleive that the 50% rule should only apply to a player that does not already have a full bet (exact change) in the pot, regardless of limit/no limit. In the case of making change, that is not allowable, players can not just reach into a pot and make change at will, that is the dealers job and the dealers job to inform this rookie that he /she can not do this and if it happpens again that it is punishable by beheading.
Thanks for the education, really.
James