LIVE CASH GAME POKER RULES DISCUSSION > Live Cash Game Rules Questions

running it

(1/4) > >>

Rach:
hello, im a first time poster on here :) just wanted to ask why is it you can only run it 4 times? what if i wanted to run it more times thank you :)

DCJ001:
1. Are you talking about running a full board, the turn and river, or just the river, multiple times?

2. How many times do you want to run it?

3. How many cards are left to deal when you're looking to run it multiple times?

4. Why are you interested in running the board multiple times?

chet:
There is NO RULE about how many times you can "run it".  I suppose you can run it until you run out of cards.  These are one of the things that should be determined by your "House rules".  Personally, I wouldn't allow it at all.  My house is in business to make money, all these nonsensical aberrations to the game do absolutely NOTHING to add to the house profit and therefore I would not allow them to continue.  House profit depends on the number of hands per hour and if you allow this stuff, I submit your hands per hour (and therefore your profit) will drop considerably.

Whether to run the board, turn/river or just the river more than once is something the players involved in the hand at the time this issue comes up have to decide between themselves.  If the house allows this foolishness, the dealers ONLY responsibility is to ensure the house rules are followed.  If the players cannot agree, then my decision would be that the will only be one flop, turn and river.

My suggestions would be to concentrate on the game as it is generally considered normal.  These aberrations are nice to know about, but your learning time is better spent getting a copy of Robert's Rules of Poker or some other generally accepted text and learning that forward and backward, at least that is how I see it.

Rach:
okayy thank you chet :)

chet:
While I am unaware of any formal "rule" regarding how "running it" is done, every time I have seen it on the "made for TV" poker games, the players have agreed on all the conditions BEFORE hand.  I don't think there are any "do overs" allowed, at least there wouldn't be in my game, cuz I wouldn't allow this foolishness in the first place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version