Author Topic: Can you button (Mississippi) straddle while buying the button?  (Read 26854 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Can you button (Mississippi) straddle while buying the button?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 08:10:17 PM »
W0lfster,

I thought I did answer your question. I say yes...(UTG) is the perfect position for a straddle. Why not? Chet is correct about house rules but, I can't imagine anyone that allows buying the button in a Mississippi Straddle game not allowing a straddle from anywhere!!!

I've exhausted enough energy on this subject. I said on my very first reply that I've never seen it, and I'd never play the game... so my comments are not based on experience, just logic.

Kendalizor

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 05:03:23 PM »
We allow similar to Mississippi straddles where I am. We allow straddling in any position except the blinds(Mississippi), though what we do different is allow any amount to be straddled(not Mississippi) unless it's a limit game of course. We DO NOT allow people to straddle when they buy the button because it tends to encourage the straddle to come in the game when someone is posting already. If someone posts in out of the blind they are allowed to straddle yet they still must post a dead small blind. I do like the straddles myself though because it promotes action in the game especially when people are playing tight. That is our straddling rules here and a few other places I've seen, but it's not very common to see these types of straddles that I've noticed.

Spence

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 11:58:38 AM »
Kendalizor has the best response on this string.  We can all say it depends on house rules because this is a cash game post and we have no TDA rule about this so we're all just using logic or experience.  I say allow it to anyone who isn't a blind.  If you're buying the button then you're paying a blind so not there.  Otherwise, fill your boots!

Nick C

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »
Spence...It took you 2 years to respond? ??? I think most of us agreed, as long as the players understand and agree, do what you want.

Spence

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 09:32:56 AM »
Hey I chimed in on the string before... and I've been gone for two years.  I've got a ton of catching up to do!

Nick C

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 10:11:28 AM »
You were greatly missed...welcome back! :)

Spence

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 10:28:03 AM »
I was very unfortunately away from poker for a little while (Job change) but I may be heading back into the fire.  I've missed you guys too.