Author Topic: Possible Collusion?  (Read 13920 times)

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Possible Collusion?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »
I can remember from previous discussion on the old TD forum that it was agreed collusion or soft play is not something that can be defined by a rule book, instead must be ascertained by the ruling TD at that particular time. In this case, yes IMO it is soft play and I would give a penalty had I not been at the table, When down to 4 players in a 60 strong tourney I would ask though where else would I be!? Or if I was not there one of my Floors would of been at the table, and would of ordered the BB to call regardless and then give a penalty.

Regards
Stuart

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Possible Collusion?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »
to georg,

I think that the soft play ruling was started when two or more players in a hand would raise, raise and re-raise until they knocked out the players they wanted out and then would check to the river. A little extreme but, true. That was a strange fold on the part of the big blind but, like Jan said it's tough to force someone to call. I think that calling the two players aside to let them know that they are being watched might be a good way to get your message across.

Nick C