Author Topic: Blinding up  (Read 3875 times)

W0lfster

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Blinding up
« on: March 06, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »
Just out of wonder, if you are playing in a sit n go tourney so only one table tournament and the blinds go up via a timer, what happens once the timer runs down to zero do you wait until the hand is finished, or do you immediately start the timer again regardless of whether the hand is finished or not?

Thanks  :)

chet

Re: Blinding up
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:20:08 PM »
In every tournament I have ever played in or ran as the TD, when time for the current level expires, it immediately starts at the next level.  The ONLY exception might be for a break but that would be rare if you want to keep your event "on schedule".  As you seem to know, since your example is for a single table event, it would be impossible to put a hold on a multi-table event until all tables have completed current hands before starting a new level. 

Think how impractical it would be for something like the WSOP where they may have 2,000 players to start with.  For an even more impractical example, think of today's PokerStars Sunday Million where they had something like 56 THOUSAND players. 

If you use a commercial computerized 'clock' to run events, I don't know of any that give you the option to put the clock "on hold" before starting the next level.  The all allow you to pause the clock, but I don't know of any that automatically go to a "hold" status.

I don't know of any 'rule' against it, I suppose you could wait for the current hand to be completed, but for what purpose?

W0lfster

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:05:01 AM »
So basically are you saying the timer doesnt hold even if its one table?

JasperToo

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »
The timer should just keep going for sure.  As Chet says it would really slow down the game and would be impractical.

But, for the record, Tournament Director allows you to set any timing parameters that you want including a pause between rounds...