POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Non-TDA Tournament and General Poker Rules Discussion

confusion in HSP hand over in-the-dark betting

(1/2) > >>

W0lfster:
look around the 5:10 mark - 5:23 Jamie Gold and Sammy Farha see the turn without checking or even betting on the flop. How can players agree to see another card without any action? any Thoughts??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erNjXtuKawU&feature=player_embedded

chet:
This whole thing was best described by Doyle, when he said, IN THE VIDEO, "What has poker come to?"

My suggestion is to watch these programs High Stakes Poker, Poker After Dark more for the entertainment value and less for the technical poker value.  Players at these levels are not all that concerned with the poker technicalities as they may be with just the action. 

W0lfster:
But still, why does that give them a right to mess with rules?

Nick C:
Andy,
 Just some friendly advice, if you really want to learn all about becoming a floorman, or tournament director, stop watching Poker After Dark. Consentrate on the TDA rules and you will know that everything they do is wrong, everything! Chet is correct when he tells you to watch for entertainment only. If I were you, I would stick to tournament poker until you understand all of the rules, then you can understand the difference between cash games and tournaments. You have offered some very interesting topics but, they are not tournament related and I really think they will confuse you even more. That's just my two cents.

W0lfster:
I understand Nick but I just think its wrong. Im very observant and if something is wrong I need an answer or have the need to comment on it. But for that particualr situation Nick, why would you say they allowed what they did in the video?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version