Author Topic: swapping cards confusion  (Read 6603 times)

W0lfster

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
swapping cards confusion
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:58:44 AM »
Take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcxTSPlyskE could someone please explain how the dealer can allow swapping of cards!? :S

Thanks.
Andy :)

DCJ001

Re: swapping cards confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 11:27:27 AM »
It's a TV cash game.

Stuart Murray

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:36:45 AM »
yeh ditto, it's a televised event and a cash game to boot, tony g is big on 'pushing the envelope' as far as possible which can be very entertaining - although not very helpful for tournament poker!

The thing about cash game poker is as long as no-one suffers from things like that going on it is ok, in that hand I would only be interested if another player was in the hand, cash game it's only the hand that matters, tournaments it's the whole game.

Regards
Stuart

W0lfster

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:44:34 AM »
So are you saying, that is always allowed in a televised cash game?
I take it then you are not allowed to do this at all in any tournaments, otherwise both hands dead?

DCJ001

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 01:09:28 PM »
So are you saying, that is always allowed in a televised cash game?

I take it then you are not allowed to do this at all in any tournaments, otherwise both hands dead?

The players were heads up. It was on TV. If the players don't mind, it made the TV show fun.

You are correct.

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 11:42:19 AM »
 I think everyone agrees that televised cash games are the exception to the rule. Could you imagine, playing in a cash game where the players are "paying time." How would you like to be sitting at the table paying $7 per half hour, while these players stall and waste time.