Author Topic: unfair advantage  (Read 13516 times)

chet

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: unfair advantage
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
Nick:

In the absence of any proof or suspicion of improper actions between C and D, I cannot find any reason to limit the options available to D.  Once that absence is refuted, then I have no problem limiting D to either a call or fold.  I just cannot find any reason to penalize player D lacking some basis.

Chet

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 10:52:28 AM »
Chet,
 It is possible that our choice of words is what separates us on this subject. Instead of using the word penalize, perhaps we should use restrict or limit. After all, if D does have the winning hand, he will still win the pot. There are a lot of angles that can stem from this one...it keeps us thinking.

chet

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 05:08:44 PM »
Perhaps you are correct, however, in the absence of anything that even hints in the slightest of impropriety, I would not place ANY restriction, limit or anything of the sort on player D.  I guess this is one of those situations where we can agree to disagree.

Once there is some (read ANY) hint or suspicion of impropriety between C and D, then the above DOES NOT APPLY and I totally agree with your restriction, limit or whatever we want to call it.  In fact, I might suggest to C and D that it would be a good idea for them to find a different place to play.

Chet

Martin L. Waller

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 12:44:01 PM »
Hi fellows,

Hold on guys. This is getting way to heated of a discussion.

The only player out of control is C. Let D play out his hand. Don’t go back to A & B. that would change the action and open up all kinds of problems.

Just play it out and if you need to warn C on how to act at a poker table.

Did C’s action give D an advantage? Yes. You can’t let that ruin the whole hand.

Good luck,
Martin

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 10:39:36 PM »
Martin,
 How would you like to be player A or B (with a bet already in the pot), when Player C exposes his hand that gives player D the "nuts." I think that you had better give this one a little more thought. IMO, the issue is when Player C exposed his hand. If No prior bets were made on that "street" then all players would see the hand and action could resume with normal betting for all. A warning (at least) should be issued to the player that exposed his cards in anger. My feelings are based on two players already having bet on that round. I just don't see how you can allow a player to raise after seeing the exposed hand. We need to protect all of the players in the game, and allowing any player to take advantage of others is not in the best interest of the game.