Author Topic: Betting "at the same time"!  (Read 13910 times)

Guillaume Gleize

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Betting "at the same time"!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 06:10:49 AM »
Hello Mike,

To answer you: if you consider player B acting "in time" (as we do) it's a short call ... but we rule the short call depending of 3 KINDS:

1- Player saying "I CALL " while pushing a short amount (wich isn't the case: player B never said "I call" because he tough he was doing an open bet)
THEN WE OBLIGE THE PLAYER TO COMPLETE (agree with you)

2- Player actually pushing a short amount in the middle WITHOUT saying "I call" (wich was the case here)
THEN THE PLAYER CHOOSE BETWEEN COMPLETING TO CALL OR FOLDING AND LOOSING THE CHIPS ALLREADY IN THE MIDDLE

3- Player only SAYS a short amount (like for exemple only saying "10000")
THEN IT MEANS NOTHING (like saying "banana" or "bicycle") AND THE PLAYER STILL HAVE FULL CHOICE TO CALL OR FOLD WITH NO LOSSES

All that very different from a short raise (wich is under the 50% rule).
But in the short call there's no 50% rule!

GG

Martin L. Waller

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Betting "at the same time"!
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »
Hi fellows,

First of all I hate “action changed”. If a player acts out of turn it should stand. That will make them start paying attention and make them quit trying to draw players in.

Now, in this case B acted out of turn. He should have known that A hadn’t checked or bet. He should pay attention. B acted in turn, be it probably slow.

Player A’s action should stand and B should complete or fold.

The amounts don’t really don’t enter into the case but completing to 15K shouldn’t change the rest of the play of the hand. 

Good Luck,
Martin