TDA POKER TOURNAMENT RULES & RECOMMENDED PROCEDURES > Official Poker TDA Tournament Rules, Latest Version

2013 TDA Rules

<< < (2/13) > >>

MikeB:
It makes the language a bit tedious to be 100% PC, for example:
"If a player folds out of turn his/her hand will be dead but he/she will not be penalized if he/she has not done this in his/her playing history". It was originally drafted in alternating genders (one rule male, the next female), then finally decided to do it in all male, this is one that slipped through.

Any cardroom that wants to can edit he/she throughout on the docx or RTF versions, it won't change the meaning and is 100% TDA compliant.

DCJ001:
I understand that saying "her" slipped through. But, since the majority of the players in open events are male, it makes sense to consistently say "his." Saying "her" in one rule out of 55 implies that, for this one rule, there's a high probability that a female would be involved in miscalling a hand (because females don't pay attention to the cards or are not as intelligent as the male players, etc.). I'm sure that no one would want to give this impression. Right?

The rules should be written consistently and correctly.

There are other areas in the rules that, if I had written them, would have been written to better specify the thoughts at hand. But this one rule just jumped out in a way that led me to believe that whoever approved it wasn't paying attention.

MikeB:

--- Quote from: DCJ001 on July 31, 2011, 12:37:38 PM ---
There are other areas in the rules that, if I had written them, would have been written to better specify the thoughts at hand.

--- End quote ---
Suggestions are always welcome. In 2009 there was a Version 2.0 released about a month after 1.0. That may again be the case this year.

JasperToo:
Thanks Mike and all the rest for the hard work.  I have to say that after my initial read through I thought everything very well reflected what I heard at the summit.  I only have a small issue with "Accepting Action"  and that may only be because it was my first read through and I didn't quit get it. 

Thanks again!

Nick C:
Gentlemen:

After looking over the arguments over his/her....I came to the conclusion that "their" is a more appropriate word.

Any player deliberately miscalling their hand may be penalized.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version