Author Topic: tabled cards...help!  (Read 5934 times)

aceofhearts

• TDA Member
tabled cards...help!
« on: August 05, 2010, 03:58:38 PM »
Hello! Here is the scenario: (this was not on a tournament table, but a 1-3 no limit game)
Players are on the turn.
Player A pushes all in for $400.
Player B folds.
Player C does not announce anything, but just flips his A 10 of spades over.
The dealer burns and deals out the river card, giving player C the nut flush.
Player A says his hand should be dead, since he never announced call. The dealer ignores him and pushes the pot to player C. Player C racks up the chips and cashes out. The dealer never called the floor over to handle the situation.
Are player C's cards dead or are they live?

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: tabled cards...help!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:06:37 PM »
The river card can not play. The error, of course was on the dealer for his premature dealing. I would explain that the river card will be reshuffled into the deck stub if the player that exposed his cards (before calling) wants to call the $400 bet. Remember, no player can make a wager after knowing the identity of the next card to be dealt. I have no idea why the dealer would award the pot to a player that did not call the bet. Maybe the dealer heard the player say "call" and the other player didn't.

To answer your question about Player C's cards being "live" the answer is yes, but the river card must be reshuffled into the deck stub if Player C decides to call the $400 bet of Player A. I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 08:23:12 PM by Nick C »

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: tabled cards...help!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 03:22:21 AM »
I'd go with Nick on this one, but then from what you have described the uncertainty seems to lie in whether player c has called or not. If he has everything stands and he wins the pot.  If he hasn't the river must be re-issued.

Best Regards
Stuart