LIVE CASH GAME POKER RULES DISCUSSION > Live Cash Game Rules Questions

Running it twice

(1/4) > >>

hectorjelly:
Hi Guys,

Quite a esoteric rule question incoming, but it causing our cardroom a lot of grief at the moment.

At the moment we allow players to run it twice once the pot is over €300. As it stands, if the short stack wants to run it only once we allow the larger stacks to run the sidepots twice, but award the main pot to whomever wins the first runout. Some of the players have said that if the shortstack loses the first runout they should be allowed to also have the main pot included in the running it twice. I'm reluctant to allow this as I realise we will then be incorrectly awarding the amounts, but would like to know what the industry standard is for this situation.

Many thanks...

Dave Miller:
I think it’s OK for the main pot to be included in running it twice if the short stack loses, provided the side pot players have agreed to that before the run outs begin.

In fact, I fail to see any reason why such a deal would be prohibited.

hectorjelly:
The reason we don't allow it is that if we do we will be incorrectly awarding the pots. To take an extreme example, lets say three players get all in in holdem.

Player A has a flush and $100
Player B has a set and $200
Player C has a straight and $200

Which leaves the main pot of $300 with all contestants, and a side pot of $200 with player B and C

If the pot is run once then the main pot of $300 can either go to player A or B, player C will never win this as a straight is never going to beat a flush. Player C's equity is 34% of $200. If we allow the main pot to be run twice if the shortstack loses the first run out, his equity becomes 34% of $500.
Running it twice should not change the equities.

I'd love if someone could point out a flaw in this logic!

Dave Miller:

--- Quote from: hectorjelly on June 21, 2018, 12:33:47 PM ---If the pot is run once then the main pot of $300 can either go to player A or B....

--- End quote ---
Um, doesn’t a flush ALWAYS beat a set?

I’m not following your logic.

hectorjelly:
They get all in on the flop, so there is the turn and river to come. A set will sometimes outdraw a flush.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version