Author Topic: KO + R/A  (Read 10851 times)

Pietro3000

• TDA Member
KO + R/A
« on: May 20, 2018, 07:44:48 AM »
Hello,

A request from a customer was to set a KO tournament but also allowing R/A. 

The one that will take the bounty is whoever eliminate the player the last, even if the player may be zero out multiple times and allowed to R/A within a grace period.

This sort of structure may lead to other players complaints, do you guys thing that R/A  can or cannot be compatible with KO format. Should we forced make players to pay for the bounty if zero out.

Or should I dis encourage the  customer to apply such mix formats.

Regards 
Thank you, Pura Vida

Pietro3000

Dave Miller

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • Lead dealer / rules guru for World Free Poker
    • Dave MIller Gaming
Re: KO + R/A
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 07:29:27 PM »
You can allow rebuys, but the rebuy must include a new bounty, with the original bounty going to the player that knocked him out.

Add-ons should only be allowed at the time of the buy-in or rebuy.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown.
But how much does it cost to knock on wood?

BillM16

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 06:41:55 AM »
Pietro,

As we all know, the TDA does not provide official rules or guidelines on bounty tournaments. 

IMO:  Tournament structures can include bounties, reentries, rebuys, add-ons, etc., in as many varieties as one can imagine. Obviously, most important is that tournament rules and structure are made very clear before players enter the tournament.  Of course, finding a structure that pleases all players is likely impossible. 

Most often, (as Dave said above,) a bounty is included with each rebuy or reentry.  However, I have seen rebuy tournaments where only at the end of the rebuy period an additional add-on/bounty is offered to those who are still in the tournament.  To win a bounty, one must have purchased the add-on/bounty.  If a bounty player is busted by a non-bounty player, the bounty chip is carried into subsequent pots until a bounty player wins.  This format is similar (but different) to a last-longer prop bet.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:45:24 AM by BillM16 »

Motobaka72

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 12:25:25 AM »
We used to run a KO with rebuys, but it was not very popular.  Each rebuy gave a new bounty.  For example, if a person had a buy in they got a KO chip and if they bought a rebuy while they still had chips they were given an extra KO chip.  A player could then have a lot of KO chips. 

Player with buy in 1 KO chip

Player loses some chips, so he may rebuy then he gets a second KO chip
Players now has 2 KO chips

Player loses enough chips to be able to make a new rebuy, so he gets a third KO chip
Player now has 3 KO chips

If he does not lose all his chips he can continue to accumulate KO chips.

If he loses all his chips and makes a rebuy then all his previous KO chips go to the person that won his chips. 

Dave Miller

• Lead dealer / rules guru for World Free Poker
    • Dave MIller Gaming
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 07:29:06 AM »
I once played in a charity event with a rebuy option, but here's the twist: You only give up your bounty if you choose to not rebuy (or after the rebuy period). It was VERY unpopular. After all, a player could be making a play in hopes of winning the bounty, then when the short stack loses, have the option of not surrendering that bounty? I never played at that charity's events again.

I.E. If you're felted, you must give up the bounty. If you then elect to rebuy, you must also buy a new bounty chip.

Moto: I don't see your system being popular at all. Plus it's a nightmare in keeping track of the bounties. How can you tell which bounty chips are those the player won and can keep vs those that are part of an add-on which must be surrendered? Additionally, a player with multiple live bounty chips becomes a bigger target.

No. I'll repeat what I said before: Add-ons are only allowed when buying in, or at the end of the re-buy period. And they don't include an additional bounty.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown.
But how much does it cost to knock on wood?

Motobaka72

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 04:29:46 PM »
Moto: I don't see your system being popular at all.
You are correct it wasn’t, but it did have its followers.  Too few to keep it running though.

Plus it's a nightmare in keeping track of the bounties. How can you tell which bounty chips are those the player won and can keep vs those that are part of an add-on which must be surrendered?
Bountys from eliminated players are payed immediately with a cash chip. Dealer takes care of this and announces it to the floor.

Additionally, a player with multiple live bounty chips becomes a bigger target.
Correct, that was the idea.  Like a Progressive Knock Out.

Max D

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 09:43:23 AM »
Same comment as above when I ran a bounty tourney the bounty money was included in the buy-in & rebuys.  No add-ons.
Max D
Less talking, more dealing.