POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Putting the call amount while declaring Raise then put the raise amount

(1/3) > >>

Boris:
Hello folks,

How would you consider the following situation ?

NLHE Tournament
We are on the flop, 2 players.
Player A bets 2K
Player B puts 2K saying "Raise". In a second time he puts all his chips (9K more) next to his 2K bet.

Floor is called

GreggPath:

--- Quote from: Boris Mauboussin on March 05, 2018, 10:19:38 AM ---Hello folks,

How would you consider the following situation ?

NLHE Tournament
We are on the flop, 2 players.
Player A bets 2K
Player B puts 2K saying "Raise". In a second time he puts all his chips (9K more) next to his 2K bet.

Floor is called

--- End quote ---

Depends on the timing. If Player B said "Raise" at the same time or before he put out the 2K, then he must raise (any amount). If he said "Raise" after pushing the 2K, then he must call.

--- Quote ---46:  Methods of Raising
In no-limit or pot-limit, a raise must be made by A) pushing out the full amount in one motion;B) verbally declaring the full amount prior to pushing out chips; or C) verbally declaring “raise” prior to pushing out the exact call amount then completing the raise in one additional motion. In option C, if other than the exact call amount but less than a minimum raise is first put out, it will be ruled a minimum raise. It is the responsibility of players to make their intentions clear.

--- End quote ---

BROOKS:
As long as he didn't say raise AFTER putting out the call amount, that is a valid raise

46: Methods of Raising
In no-limit or pot-limit, a raise must be made by A) pushing out the full amount in one motion; B) verbally declaring the full amount prior to pushing out chips; or C) verbally declaring “raise” prior to pushing out the exact call amount then completing the raise in one additional motion.  In option C, if other than the exact call amount but less than a minimum raise is first put out, it will be ruled a minimum raise. It is the responsibility of players to make their intentions clear.

BillM16:
IMO he made a all-in raise.

Nick C:
I've experienced this more than once. As long as it's two players I ask the opposing player if he objects. I know it sounds crazy but I allowed it. As long as the hand only involved two players no collision is possible! This should draw some attention!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version