Author Topic: Question about not awarding pot  (Read 3681 times)

mateuslp

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Question about not awarding pot
« on: September 01, 2017, 02:56:37 PM »
Is there any situation besides a fouled deck in which you would not give the pot to a player? Take the example of a player which is doing harsh table talk and asking players about their hand. What if you eliminate a player of the competition during the progress of a hand? And what about if, for any reason, his cards are tabled and he wins the pot?
If possible, I'd like as much dissertation on this subject as possible, to know how would different situations be handled, if you would split the pot in certain of the situations or even remove the player and award the pot to the ones left in the hand.
Thanks, and sorry for not being clear enought with my english.

BillM16

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Question about not awarding pot
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 06:34:27 AM »
Good morning mateuslp,

Is there any situation besides a fouled deck in which you would not give the pot to a player?

A fouled deck may cause a misdeal if there has not been substantial action.  See 2015 TDA Rule #34.  A fouled hand may result in the player losing the pot and any bets made.  See 2015 TDA Rule #60.

Take the example of a player which is doing harsh table talk and asking players about their hand. What if you eliminate a player of the competition during the progress of a hand?

There are several rules in the TDA 2015 Etiquette & Penalties section.  Rule #66D says Chips of a disqualified player shall be removed from play.

And what about if, for any reason, his cards are tabled and he wins the pot?

TDA 2015 Rule #13C says Dealers cannot kill a hand that has been properly tabled and obviously the winner.

If possible, I'd like as much dissertation on this subject as possible, to know how would different situations be handled, if you would split the pot in certain of the situations or even remove the player and award the pot to the ones left in the hand.

For a full dissertation on this subject, please search the forum for similar questions and scenarios.  You will find a lot of information.

Thanks, and sorry for not being clear enought with my english.

Don't worry, my english isn't too good either and I've been speaking it for more than 60 years.

Regards,
B~

Brian Vickers

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • Poker Manager
Re: Question about not awarding pot
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »
In some cases the pot would be pushed to the player, then he'd be disqualified end of hand and his chips removed after (consistent with penalties enforced after conclusion of hand in other cases).