Author Topic: heads-up tournament  (Read 13087 times)

costinsergiu

• TDA Member
heads-up tournament
« on: April 23, 2010, 01:57:39 AM »
if somebody know some specials rules for a heads-up tournament,please write me....
thank you

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: heads-up tournament
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:58:34 AM »
Hi,

Perhaps you could clarify what information you are looking for.

Normal practice is to have draw for the button as usual, all normal TDA/Tournament Poker rules apply as usual, there are no changes to the rules.

With regard to seating you can have tournament software decide seating or draw with cards, chips, dice etc.  I would then take the winner from each table onto another game by either a redraw or a specific order for example table 1/2 play each other etc.

Regards
Stuart

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 10:14:19 AM »
I am going to assume that it is a hold'em no-limit tournament. The small blind will be on the button. This will give the first option to the button pre-flop. All options will be open to the small blind; fold, call the BB or raise. There is no cap or limit to the number of raises. Other than that, like Stuart says, we need more information.

Nick C

costinsergiu

• TDA Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »
first thanks for the answer
the tournament it's not a big one
max 35-40 players and its the first heads-up tournament in Romania and that i was asking 
wish me luck
ty

drneau

• TDA Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 06:07:58 PM »
With regard to seating you can have tournament software decide seating or draw with cards, chips, dice etc.  I would then take the winner from each table onto another game by either a redraw or a specific order for example table 1/2 play each other etc.

I don't make a habit of plugging my wares, but I just noticed this thread and thought I might be able to help.

If anyone's interested, my tournament software (Dr. Neau's Tournament Manager) can now manage heads-up tournaments (as of v4).  I implement the bracket creation and management in the last release.

Here's a video that gives a quick overview of the capabilities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISO3j5cXEWA

If you want more info, you can PM me.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:09:22 PM by drneau »

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 02:37:18 AM »
This is a very old post, but recent discussion makes this worth mentioning. We all know in heads up that the small blind is on the button. When dealing the cards; the first card goes to the BB. The dealer deals from the button....so the last down-card dealt to the players goes to the button. There was some confusion on this and it was actually explained incorrectly on a popular poker web-site.