POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Action OOT: Player is skipped by multiple players... Who wins the pot

(1/5) > >>

Ash:
Hi guys
Here is the case

River card
Players A, B, C check, player D bets, player A is thinking, players B and C fold, player D also folds supposing it is over, and then player A says he is still there. Neither the dealer nor the other players saw A had still his cards.
Who wins the pot?

Ash:
I forgot to mention that D's cards are fold deep in the muck and non retrievable

Max D:
Rule 12: Declarations. Cards Speak at Showdown
Cards speak to determine the winner. Verbal declarations of hand value are not binding at showdown but deliberately miscalling a hand may be penalized. Any player in the hand or not, should speak up if he thinks a mistake is being made in reading hands or awarding the pot.
Rule 13B: B: At showdown a player must protect his hand while waiting for it to be read (See also Rule 60). If a player does not fully table his cards, then mucks thinking he has won, he does so at his risk. If the cards are not 100% identifiable and the TD rules the hand was not clearly read, the player has no claim to the pot. The TDs decision on whether a hand was sufficiently tabled is final.

Player A takes the pot, you can't win without cards.  TD can probably gives the last bet back to player D, unless player A calls then the pot is right.

Nick C:
I agree Player D can not win the pot but he should get his last uncalled bet returned.

Ash:
In that case i think rule 13b is not valid because it was not yet a shodown situation.
In fact the case would be the same at the turn card for instance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version