LIVE CASH GAME POKER RULES DISCUSSION > Live Cash Game Rules Questions

How do blind bets affect substantial action?

<< < (3/3)

Uniden32:
Max and Nick,

It's not written anywhere, for me it's just common sense that we'd want the players to wait until the last card is dealt, otherwise the dealers would have a really hard time following the action while they were pitching.

And with a lot of rules, I don't believe this is something that would be required to be written in any rules set as it would come up so infrequently, and for me, two players rushing to act before the pitch is completed isn't going to stop me from declaring a misdeal when a misdeal is the correct call.

Nick C:
Ralph,

How would you feel about players betting before the last card is dealt, but it's not a misdeal situation? Normal deal; UTG calls blind, UTG+1 raises, before the last card is dealt to the button. Are you going to allow UTG or UTG+1 to retract their bets? Of course you're not...what's the difference? Substantial action has occurred.

Uniden32:

--- Quote from: Nick C on March 30, 2017, 08:39:06 AM ---How would you feel about players betting before the last card is dealt, but it's not a misdeal situation? Normal deal; UTG calls blind, UTG+1 raises, before the last card is dealt to the button. Are you going to allow UTG or UTG+1 to retract their bets? Of course you're not...what's the difference? Substantial action has occurred.

--- End quote ---

If it's not a misdeal situation, the question isn't about substantial action, but about the bets being binding.  Yes, I'm making the actions binding, the same as someone stating, "I'm checking in the dark."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version