Author Topic: Freezeout, Re-entry or somethig new?  (Read 13560 times)

pastor

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Freezeout, Re-entry or somethig new?
« on: December 11, 2016, 12:37:46 PM »
One of the new poker organizer exist on Freezeout tournament, but I don't have idea how to detemine this event?

Day 1A – Freezeout
Day 1B – Freezeout
Day 1C Last Chance – Freezeout (only for a players eliminatig in 1A and 1B)

Day 1C could be Re-buy, Add-on, Re-entry or A,B invitation only but never Freezeout? What is your opinion?

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Freezeout, Re-entry or somethig new?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 01:38:29 PM »
pastor,

Not the expert on re-buy, add-on, and re-entry...however, a freezeout can best be described as  follows: Ten players competing for a $1,000 seat in a tournament, each buy in for $100...the single winner accumulates the buy-in by defeating the other 9 players...

pastor

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 02:04:57 PM »
Nick C,

Q. is what is day 1C if 1A & 1B are Freezeout? (BTW it's not my idea)

Nick C

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 08:24:38 AM »
pastor,

Seeing that no one is going to jump in and answer your question...I'll take a wild guess that after the "freezout" from Day 1A & 1B, all of the players that didn't make it can compete as often as they want.

I remember players, attempting to save some entry fee money, competing over and over and over. They would have been better off had they just paid the total entry fee.

I also remember players that had won a seat on an earlier "Freezout" yet they competed again and were allowed to sell their "second" or "third" seat if they wanted. This, of course, is not allowed in the stated rules above. It clearly indicates that it is for eliminated players from Day 1A & Day 1B. Hope this helps...

Max D

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 08:27:16 AM »
Always been confused at the definition of freeze out, ."A table-stakes cash game or tournament that continues until a small number of players (usually only one) has all the money"....  Isn't that the definition of a tournament?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 05:40:46 PM by Max D »
Max D
Less talking, more dealing.

Nick C

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 02:00:45 PM »
Max,

I believe that there is such a broad range of tournaments, and payouts for tournaments, that the difference is going down to one winner in a freezeout. I guess, by definition, a freezeout is still a tournament.

A tournament is a competition involving a number of contestants vying for an "in the money" position by process of elimination. Some tournaments involve large numbers of participants and sometimes cover days before completion.                   

A "freezeout tournament" is generally a single table that plays down to one winner. That's the way I've always understood the definitions...anyway, that's all I've got! :)

Boris

• International Poker dealer (EU)
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 08:25:42 PM »
Hello pastor,

If you plan to run a Day 1C re-entry only, it means your Day 1 A & B are not freezout.
Freezout means getting eliminated once, and it's over.

PokerStars was using this system for France Poker Series (PokerStars Festival) with Day 1C Turbo.

Max D

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 10:54:13 AM »
Hello pastor,

If you plan to run a Day 1C re-entry only, it means your Day 1 A & B are not freezout.
Freezout means getting eliminated once, and it's over.

PokerStars was using this system for France Poker Series (PokerStars Festival) with Day 1C Turbo.
I agree, if you can re-enter it is not a freeze-out per the discussion above.  I see the simplest example of a freeze-out any tourney where you cannot re-enter.
Max D
Less talking, more dealing.