POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Discussion of Rules by Specific Game Types

Freezeout, Re-entry or somethig new?

<< < (2/2)

Nick C:
Max,

I believe that there is such a broad range of tournaments, and payouts for tournaments, that the difference is going down to one winner in a freezeout. I guess, by definition, a freezeout is still a tournament.

A tournament is a competition involving a number of contestants vying for an "in the money" position by process of elimination. Some tournaments involve large numbers of participants and sometimes cover days before completion.                   

A "freezeout tournament" is generally a single table that plays down to one winner. That's the way I've always understood the definitions...anyway, that's all I've got! :)

Boris:
Hello pastor,

If you plan to run a Day 1C re-entry only, it means your Day 1 A & B are not freezout.
Freezout means getting eliminated once, and it's over.

PokerStars was using this system for France Poker Series (PokerStars Festival) with Day 1C Turbo.

Max D:

--- Quote from: Boris Mauboussin on January 20, 2017, 08:25:42 PM ---Hello pastor,

If you plan to run a Day 1C re-entry only, it means your Day 1 A & B are not freezout.
Freezout means getting eliminated once, and it's over.

PokerStars was using this system for France Poker Series (PokerStars Festival) with Day 1C Turbo.

--- End quote ---
I agree, if you can re-enter it is not a freeze-out per the discussion above.  I see the simplest example of a freeze-out any tourney where you cannot re-enter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version