Author Topic: Retrieving mucked cards: under what circumstances?  (Read 24760 times)

Steff0111

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Retrieving mucked cards: under what circumstances?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 11:02:59 PM »
My room has 3 All-in Buttons on each table.  Each All-in Button is double sided; A Red "All-in" side and a Blue "Call" side.  First player moves All-in, dealer puts the button out.  Next player calls and leaves himself chips behind, Dealer puts out button with Call side up so players behind him know he is only calling the previous All-in and isn't All-in himself.

Itīs a great idea!
Thanks for it, Brian!

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Retrieving mucked cards: under what circumstances?
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 07:00:20 AM »
Brian,

It is a good idea. I like the idea of multiple buttons though...like I said, one for each player. My questions about the all-in button were based on incidents when a player would go all-in without declaration. If the dealer does not notice that the player is all-in, and the dealer controls the all-in buttons, he's not going to put it in front of the player.

We're getting a bit off topic, but the all-in certainly effects showing cards at showdown.

This is definitely something that can be worked out. I will repost a suggestion that I made four years ago: "Whenever a player pushes all of their chips forward, or goes all-in, they MUST declare that they are all-in. Failure to announce an all-in wager, or make your intention clear, will result in a penalty, and possible forfeiture of uncalled chips. If deemed the winner; there will be no financial gain from the unclear all-in. The use of an all-in button is encouraged, however, this will not shift any responsibility from the all-in player to the dealer."