Author Topic: Certification Question - Deck Change  (Read 7220 times)

jfreels

• TDA Member
Certification Question - Deck Change
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:42:29 AM »
First off, I am new and was asked to complete the certification so I could start running local tournaments.  I missed two questions, and one of them was because the text wasn't clear in the Official Rules.  I had just finish reading the rules before taking the exam.

The question was "A player asked for a deck change" I don't remember all the possible answers, but these were the ones I wrote down after I got the question wrong...

A - Never, unless cards are damaged.
F - None of the above.

Rule #17.   Deck Changes
Deck changes will be on the dealer push or level changes or as prescribed by the house. Players may not ask for deck changes.

So I obviously pick "F".  I got the question wrong, it told me "A" was the correct answer.  I'm not trying to bitch because I only missed I think two questions but "A" starts with "Never".  Never means never, last time I checked the dictionary ;)

I just think it was a misleading question. 

tl;dr: I think this question sucks, can you guys review it for future TDA's.

pokerfish

• TDA Founding Member
  • TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • cardplayercruises.com
Re: Certification Question - Deck Change
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 09:51:42 PM »
The board of the TDA is reviewing the test for problems like this one. There are several questions that could be better and already we've changed many of them. Doing that and rebuilding the site at the same time has been very painstaking for our WMs and support team of volunteers. Please keep track of questions you'd like to see fixed and we'll get to them ASAP. We all hope you are enjoying the new site and finding it more user friendly by the day.
Jan Fisher
cardplayercruises.com
Jan Fisher
TDA - Board of Directors
http://www.cardplayercruises.com

LeScribe

• TDA Member & Active Poster
    • BrunoLeScribe
Re: Certification Question - Deck Change
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 04:35:32 AM »
I agree with JFReels, but specially because I'm French, and I think I lost some points because of the interpretation of some answers...
I remember balancing sometimes between 2 answers... and pick the wrong one  :(

A coin flip lost   :D and a certification lost as well...

(94 points out of 95 on the first try  :-[)
Bruno
Every player wins at the end of any hand : some win money, other win experience...