Author Topic: mixing chips  (Read 6732 times)

Mundifute

• TDA Member
mixing chips
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:50:27 AM »
In a tournament, after  a big discussion about if the dealer burns the card before the river or not (because the dealer trows all the burn cards to the muck), player A, furious about the dealer decision mixed all his chips with two outher players stacks B and C, how to decide the stack size of each player, since none of theme agreed about their stack?
the player A as been expulsed from the tourney.

pokerfish

• TDA Founding Member
  • TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • cardplayercruises.com
Re: mixing chips
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:25:58 AM »
Do you have cameras in place? That's always your best line of defense.... without, all you can do is reconstruct and if you have to stop the clock to do it, then you will have to do that. First estimating the ejected players chips and removing them from the mix might be the easiest. These players do have some idea how much they have and if they are not forthcoming in the assistance of remedying this bad situation I would consider them partially guilty as well. Just as in the rule that everyone dealt in has an obligation to assist in reading tabled hands, I think that especially those players whose chips are messed up should be very forthcoming in aiding.... and the table has a clue of the stacks as well. What stage of the T is this? You will have to find a spot and agree and work from there. I am interested in hearing other suggestions....and am glad I wasn't there!
Jan Fisher
TDA - Board of Directors
http://www.cardplayercruises.com

Stuart Murray

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 05:22:25 PM »
I remember something similar was brought up for Matt Savage to answer and his solution was almost identical to Jan's, talk to the table try and reconstruct the stacks of the affected player and DSQ the aggreived player.

Every player at the table has a duty of care towards everyone else in the Best interests of the game.

Best Regards
Stuart

Martin L. Waller

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 12:43:31 PM »
Mundifute,

I hate to take sides on this but I have to fault the dealer and player A. First of all the dealer didn’t handle his table well which started the situation.

After that, the irrational Player A acted with very poor etiquette and intentionally disrupted the game. As the dealer or Floor I would recreate the stacks as well as possible without the help of Player A. Then send him to the rail and remove his chips for the tournament.

Lastly, remind the dealer of how the table is to be set.

Martin

pokerfish

• TDA Founding Member
    • cardplayercruises.com
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 12:54:20 PM »
I wasn't at all suggesting that the player (A) who caused the disruption help in fixing it... he should be out the door and 86d by now. The players and the table must help. I mentioned stopping the clock... let me be more specific. If I had to stop the action on that table for any significant amount of time I might have them play into the break (assuming the T is near a break time) but if it doesn't work out to do that, likely I'd change my breaking order and break that table soon just to keep the talk down and to give each of them a new perspective. The time it takes to unravel this could impact the tourney but you can't make a whole room wait....
Jan Fisher
TDA - Board of Directors
http://www.cardplayercruises.com