Author Topic: betting clarification  (Read 6152 times)

madan

• TDA Member
betting clarification
« on: January 03, 2016, 04:52:19 AM »
on the flop, if player 1 opens betting for 500 and is called by player 2 and player 3, while player 4 goes all-in for 800. Can player 2 or 3 re-raise or go all-in if player 4 shove is called by player 1 and player 2.

Situation:

Player 1 - UTG - T9000
Player 2 - UTG+ - T7000
Player 3 - MP1 - T12000
Player 4 - MP2 - T 1100

Blinds: 50/100
Pre-flop
Player 1 - opens 300
Player 2 - calls
Player 3 - calls
Player 4 - calls

Flop: AcKdQs
Player 1 - opens 500
Player 2 - calls
Player 3 - calls
Player 4 - raise 300 and is all-in

Player 1 calls
Player 2 calls
Player 3 - ?? can this player go all-in or re-raise?

Dave Miller

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • Lead dealer / rules guru for World Free Poker
    • Dave MIller Gaming
Re: betting clarification
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 09:39:04 PM »
No.
Quote from: 2015 TDA Rule 44
Re-Opening the Bet.
In no-limit and pot limit, an all-in wager of less than a full raise does not reopen betting for a player who has already acted and is not facing at least a full raise when the action returns to him. In limit, at least 50% of a full raise is required to re-open betting for players who have already acted. See Addendum.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown.
But how much does it cost to knock on wood?

madan

• TDA Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 03:55:41 AM »
thanks for the confirmation.

Brian Vickers

• Poker Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:04:26 AM »
Madan, those of us who frequent these boards love to answer questions like yours but I almost didn't even see it because you posted in the Live Game section and there aren't a lot of posts here.  Please feel free to ask any time you need something (poker related, lol) but you will likely find a quicker response time by posting tournament questions in the tournament section.

madan

• TDA Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 10:28:52 PM »
Brian,

Thanks for input. Will keep the pointer in mind next time :)

Cheers

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 01:05:52 PM »
Madan,

I'm a little late responding to this one, but I'd like to point out that in your example: Player 1 pre-flop is different from Player 1 post flop. You did not specify the limit being played although I know it was not a limit game. I only mention this because there is a difference, as Dave stated on his reply. I will also "assume" that the all-in player who raised 300 made the total bet 800, am I correct?

To simplify the correct answer, I would say that any player that is already in for all bets on the current betting street can only call or fold, he can not raise. Now, if you want to add a little to your situation, let's say post flop, Player 1 checks and then Player 2 opens the betting with 500, and Player 3 calls and Player 4 raises to 800 (300 more). Because Player 1 checked, he has all options open to him, he may call 800, fold, or raise. The min raise would be to 1300. 500 original bet, 300 more all-in and anther minimum 500 equaling the largest bet on the current round. I hope this is clear. If you have any questions, or don't understand my explanation let me know, it's that important.