Author Topic: Pulling back your small blind  (Read 3555 times)

Spence

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Pulling back your small blind
« on: May 20, 2015, 12:16:48 PM »
Does pulling back your small blind indicate your intention to raise? Watching EPT Malta and this just came up. The commentator said "He's pulled back his small blind means he's going to raise" or something to that effect.
I had to disagree. but then it got me thinking. 
Scenario A: The blind is 500-1000 and I'm in the SB.  I pull back the small blind and use a higher denom chip to make the call.  Does anyone see anything wrong with this?
Scenario B: The blind is 500-1000 and I'm in the SB.  I pull back the small blind and then after a few seconds put it back in and fold.  Is this an attempt to angle?

MikeB

• Administrator
Re: Pulling back your small blind
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »
Does pulling back your small blind indicate your intention to raise? Watching EPT Malta and this just came up. The commentator said "He's pulled back his small blind means he's going to raise" or something to that effect.
I had to disagree. but then it got me thinking. 
Scenario A: The blind is 500-1000 and I'm in the SB.  I pull back the small blind and use a higher denom chip to make the call.  Does anyone see anything wrong with this?
Scenario B: The blind is 500-1000 and I'm in the SB.  I pull back the small blind and then after a few seconds put it back in and fold.  Is this an attempt to angle?

Spence: great questions. These will definitely be reviewed at the Summit.

See also similar discussion here:
http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=1116.msg9731#msg9731

Spence

Re: Pulling back your small blind
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 12:52:33 PM »
Thanks Mike.  I looked for a topic like this but didn't check revisions for this years summit.