Author Topic: Retrieval of prior bet chips: allowable? commits to action or can still fold?  (Read 28384 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Thomas:
First of all...you mentioned fruit groups but your analogy of apples and oranges would be more realistic if you compared sour grapes and fruitcakes...but I get the picture. All I know is; if I place a call into the "betting area" and I have second thoughts about my action, I can't take it back...it's gone...too late, and it most definitely belongs to the pot.

You did say "it's part of the pot" but it's not in the pot. Hmmm :-X
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:54:23 AM by Nick C »

BillM16

My two cents on the rewording of #44:

When a player has previously bet chips in front of him (in the betting area, not yet pulled into the pot) and is facing a raise, it is very important to declare his action as either fold, call, or raise before manipulating chips in the betting area.  If a player chooses to act silently, his intended action may be misconstrued and may be ruled either as a call or raise depending on the value of previously bet chips, including any change that might be due, and any new chips added to the betting area.

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
Thomas:
First of all...you mentioned fruit groups but your analogy of apples and oranges would be more realistic if you compared sour grapes and fruitcakes...
I almost lost it here.... You had me belly rolling. Hahahha. Sour grapes and fruitcakes Hahahahah  :D
@wsopmcgee on Twitter

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
This thread has me thinking of Radiohead's "Karma Police", only change it to "Poker Police".
@wsopmcgee on Twitter

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
I brought this thread up at our WSOP rules meeting.

The consensus was that the player has no obligation and folding is acceptable.

@wsopmcgee on Twitter

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Thomas, I know your very busy with the WSOP...but you have to be more specific with your answer. Based on the original post, which player has no obligation? Surely, you must hold Player A to 1200,
correct