Author Topic: Premature muck again  (Read 5487 times)

Guillaume Gleize

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Premature muck again
« on: November 24, 2014, 04:02:01 PM »
Hello partners!

Those terrible muck oot again ... Is that a fashion or what?

3 players left at Flop

A bet 10K
B raise 30K
C fold
A does nothing but is skipped by B who quickly MUCK (hand identifiable) just thinking A folded for any imaginary reason and that he won as the last hand alive!
A then SHOWS is hand (thinking he won as B mucked and he is the last hand alive)

FLOOR!

I know that the hand of B can be taken back and can be declared alive BUT the fact that this error from B created a reaction from A who now should play the rest of the hand with is cards faces up is unfair no?

Rude decision whatever I think ...

In our rules the player B can usually take back his hand if premature muck but we want to discourage this kind of move so if it creates a REACTION from the following players that penalize them (like here): The premature hand is declared DEAD and the player only can take back the difference not allready payed (here 20K)!

Your opinion?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:03:13 PM by Guillaume Gleize »

Unregistered84

• TDA Member
Re: Premature muck again
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 08:48:55 AM »
Hello Guillaume,

In my opinion, for the best interest of the game, you're rulling is the best you can make.
If player A doesn't show his cards, after player B mucked his hand, then you can retrieve players B cards, and continue the game like nothing happened, but it's not the case here. In this case, in my opinion you can't retreive players B cards and declared them alive because if you do that, player A has a big disadvantage at the game and he did nothing wrong, it's player B who's not paying attention who's turn it is.
That being said, player B losing only the 10K bet of player A it's the best rulling for this situation in my opinion, but I gladly wait for others to judge this situation.

Tristan

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »
The premature hand is declared DEAD and the player only can take back the difference not allready payed (here 20K)!

Your opinion?

B's hand is dead.
B gets back the uncalled 20k
A wins the pot.

Good ruling GG.
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

Tristan

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 01:48:02 PM »
Hello Guillaume,

Multiple, by definition, could mean more than one but because our subject is poker, it's use is different. Multiway action is more than two players, or, any number of players not head to head. I know our language is difficult, especially when the word in question is not in the dictionary.

Psst... Nick... Wrong thread!  :P
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 04:03:21 PM »
Thanks Tristan...I'll move it. That's one way to get a response on this Forum :D

Brian Vickers

• Poker Manager
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 05:09:25 AM »
Have to say, I disagree with B getting his raise amount back.  B didn't have his hand mucked by mistake, i.e. by the dealer.  What's to stop me from raising on a bluff, then mucking when I think I am going to get called so I get my raise amount back?

Since A showed his cards in response to B's throwing his cards forward, I would not want A penalized in this hand.  Also, since B's cards were still identifiable and retrievable I would not rule B's hand automatically dead (since he didnt throw them forward in response to a bet, it would be a "fold" per se). 

My ruling would be this: Player B has his cards pushed back to him.  Player A has the option to call, raise or fold.  If Player A calls or raises, the hand continues however Player B loses all rights to take an agressive action; Player B may not bet or raise, only call or check.  In addition, if Player A does call and the hand continues, Player B recieves a minimum half-round penalty for influencing the outcome of the hand.