POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Suggestions for new TDA rules and amendments to existing rules READ-ONLY ARCHIVES Pre-2015 Summit

OOT action when heads up at start of betting round

<< < (5/5)

Nick C:
Brian,

If that's what happened, I'd yank that dealer out of the box so fast, it would look like a disappearing act from Siegfried & Roy.

I'd prefer Eli's original bet is 100... (Your letter A)

Thanks for sorting this one out...holy crap, never heard such a messed-up stud hand...ever! ::)

WSOPMcGee:
What Brian said

Nick C:
Thomas: That's it? That's your answer? Tell me, is that dealer still employed?

WSOPMcGee:

--- Quote from: Nick C on May 12, 2015, 06:23:20 AM ---Thomas: That's it? That's your answer? Tell me, is that dealer still employed?

--- End quote ---
Of course they are.

Maybe there's some minor details I left out because I didn't think they were important enough.

The dealer said "complete" This alerts everyone on the table that bet is completed to 100. The dealer shouldn't need to do more than that.

He did tell Eli to take one of the extra chips off of his bet. However, by the time it got around to Frank (who was too busy on his iPad playing a video game to notice or pay attention to the action) he looked and saw 2 black chips and also put out 2 black chips.

That's why the dealer says "Raise". Because in his mind, he's already alerted the table that it's 100 to call, he's already asked Eli to take a chip back off his bet and now a player has put in 2 chips which constitute a raise. Even after the dealer says "Raise" and two additional players fold behind, Frank never stopped the action and corrected the dealer. He went back to playing his video game.

Now the action is back on Eli.

Eli sees a 2 chip bet and asks the dealer if Frank raised. The dealer says "Yes", because Frank never corrected him. Now Eli raises and Frank objects. Hopefully that adds additional insight.

BillM16:
Please see:
Binding OOT action - proposed rewrite of #38A http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=1155.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version