POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Not enough chips to cover Ante and BB

(1/2) > >>

madkiwi9:
Last night had one of those technicalities

Blinds 1000/2000
Antes 200

SB in for 1000 & Ante 200
BB only had 150 chips left i.e not even enough to cover the Ante

Players questioned that the BB should have move to the next player (UTG)
And then furthermore that the minimum call was 1000

What should have been the correct ruling in this situation.

I made the calls which I believed were correct, but before I divulge what these were, I love some feedback on this!?

Thanks a mil! ???

Stuart Murray:
The big blind is still in force at 2000, so anyone would have to call 2000 to play.  Obviously the BB would be all-in for 150 so could only collect 150 off each ante should he win the hand.  Allowing anything else other than 2000 to play would/could change the outcome of a tournament.

I forgot to add - the big blind will not move to the next player irrelevant of how much the BB has, even if he had only a 25 chip he is still in the BB.

Regards
Stuart

Georg:
I agree with Stuart.

The BB is all in with 150 so the main pot would be 150 times the number of players. anything above will move to side pot.

Georg

Captainseb:
in this particular situation if you mention that that UTG as to call the 2000 Right

Then if UTG +1 said raise what is minimum that he should take out of is stack and then Button said re raise what is minimum bet

Math and tought would be appriciated

Thanks

Sebastien 

DCJ001:

--- Quote from: captainseb on March 07, 2010, 08:03:10 PM ---in this particular situation if you mention that that UTG as to call the 2000 Right

Then if UTG +1 said raise what is minimum that he should take out of is stack and then Button said re raise what is minimum bet

Math and tought would be appriciated

Thanks

Sebastien 

--- End quote ---

A raise from UTG+1 = 2000 + 2000 = 4000. If Button then would like to reraise, with action of 4000 to him, add the previous raise of 2000 = 6000.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version