Author Topic: Show one show all  (Read 6750 times)

alex

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Show one show all
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:03:53 AM »
Hi all, this incident happened on a NLHD cash game table with blinds ( 2$ / 5$ ), 2 playes heads-up ,after betting the flop & turn
 & checking the river, the board cards are ( 5 Q J K 1).
 player A tabled his hand with (1, 9),player B  show his card to the player next to him without opening them & throw them in front of the dealer face down,this is when the dealer turned his 2 cards face up ( implimenting the rules,show one , show all ) & muck them quickly .player B had ( Q ,10 ) with a nuts straight .
Then the dealer awarded the pot to player A with pair of aces ,without noticing the straight of the player B , one of the players at the table interfere by telling the dealer that player B should win the pot with his straight .

- can player B still win the pot  as the dealer turned his card faceup without burning them first.
- player B has his hand dead as he misread the board &  throw his hand intentionally face down toward the dealer.
 Ty
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:16:20 AM by alex »

Tristan

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Show one show all
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:02:43 PM »
Hi Alex,

I don't think it is a great idea to have the dealer automatically expose cards in that manner...unless there is a house rule that dictates what will happen in situations like this.  If so, it would depend on your house rules.  If not, I think that it would be a live hand since it never went into the muck.
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »
Alex,

The dealer should never turn over the mucked hand. The only exception is if the would be winner requests to see it. Cash games go by a completely different set of rules when it comes to mucking cards. I also always believed the; show one show all rule, was meant for showing cards to active players.

alex

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »
Ty tristan & nick for ur quick answers.

Would the situation change if the dealer hold player B card and touch them with the muck then open them?

If so, why making player A pay the dealer mistake by failing to implement  the procedure of mucking the hand before showing it .

What if another player at the table elect to open player B cards , would he still win the hand.?

Don't u think that it's the player responsibility to hold his hand until the showdown & it's his responsibility to read the board if he elect not to table his hand .
Hope I described the situation well.ty
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:02:36 PM by alex »

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 06:23:00 AM »
alex,

I've always preferred the dealer to hold the mucked hand off to the side, award the pot, and them turn the hand if house rules allow. I prefer this method because after the pot has been awarded, there is no pot left to contend. These are formalities that some frown upon. However, in a cash game, players need to use common sense when the showdown takes place.

Players should never touch another players hand...never.